Are you a highly motivated? Looking to grow and advance your career in a supportive environment? Join HCI today!
HCI Systems, is seeking a highly skilled and self-motivated Security Technician to join our team. In this role you will help advance security solutions while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
- Installs, modifies, maintains, programs and repairs Access Control, CCTV, and Intrusion Systems
- Test all systems and equipment, after repairs are made, to ensure performance of system.
- Installs readers, cameras, door position switches, tamper switches, panels, and NVR’s
- Performing maintenance service calls at customer sites
- Install, diagnose and repair/replace wiring, devices and both analog and digital control panels for security, access control, and CCTV systems
- Maintain and repair CCTV, Access Control, and Intrusion system components, including circuit cards, power supplies, software, copper and fiber optic systems platforms.
- Serve as a technical advisor on systems programming and configurations.
- Preferred: California Alarm Company Employee card or ability to obtain one.
- Installation, service, troubleshooting and programming numerous Access Control, CCTV, and Intrusion Systems including: RS2, Samsung Hanwha, DMP, Bosch, Hikvision, Avigilon, and Milestone.
- Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Possess knowledge of computer programming and technologies related to Access Control, CCTV, and Intrusion systems.
- Communicate systems performance to customer
- Oversee and ensure proper completion of work performed by team members, and train technicians and other employees on proper procedures
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals and product manuals to properly program and verify new systems
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials
- Effective organization and planning skills
- Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner
- Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely
- Ability to work independently
- Safely drive a vehicle
- Ability to hear horn and/or warning devices at a distance of 30 yards
- Lifting up to 35 – 50 pounds
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, standing and walking significant distances
- Visual ability (uncorrected or corrected) to observe and detect signs of dangerous obstacles at a distance of 30 yards and to verify written information at a close range
- Work from ladders, lifts, and scaffolds at heights above 30 feet
- High School diploma or educational equivalent
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Must be able to pass a background check, MVR check and drug screening
- Ability to participate productively as a contributing member in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
HCI Systems, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 – $38.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- California Driver’s License and a clean driving record (Required)
- Multiple locations